Nails are made of keratin, a hardened protein; the same composition that hair is made up of. Nails are just another part of our body which can be enhanced to look beautiful. There’s nothing like a manicure at the salon if you wish to pamper yourself in a quick and cheap way.
The shape of nails has been largely influenced by the runway trends or following the styles of popular celebrities. Well-groomed nails are always worthy of flaunting and it is just another way of expressing your personal style. There are various ways in which nails can be shaped. Here are five ways from which you can choose how to shape your nails next time you visit a salon or decide to shape them yourself:
1) Round Nails: Women who want a fuss-free and durable nail shape can opt for this one. It is the most ideal style of shaping nails. You can keep them short and forget worrying about regular maintenance. Nails shaped in this style are extremely durable and are not easy to chip or tear hence this style is also for those who have weak and brittle nails.
2) Sharp Corner Square Nails: This style is extremely trendy and looks best on long and thin fingers. It is a powerful nail shape as it draws attention toward the hands and it is an ideal shape for the French manicure. The advantage of this nail shape is that provides a good space for nail paint and nail jewellery. However, the negative aspect about it is that sharp corners of the nail can get stuck in clothing and the nail is more to getting chipped and wearing out.
3) Square Oval Nails: This shape is another take on the French manicure style sharp corner nails. Also known as the Squaoval, this nail shape is a much softer look than the latter. It is ideal for those women who have longer nail beds. It is less prone to the daily wear and tear hence more durable than the sharp corner square nail shape.
4) Stiletto Nail Shape: Just like the stiletto heel, this is long, pointy as well as sexy. It has been trending nowadays as celebrities like Beyonce, Fergie and Rihanna have been sporting them at various events. Lady Gaga has also been seen in a fiercer version of this nail shape. It helps give an illusion of longer fingers. This style is quite difficult to maintain and chores like typing can be a task to carry out.
5) Almond: This is another version of the Stiletto nail shape. It has been inspired by the 1950s as celebs at that time shaped their nails in this fashion. All you have to do is file them on the sides and make the tips look pointy. The negative aspect about this nail shape is that it makes the nails very fragile and restricts their growth.
So then next time you go to the salon to get a manicure done, keep in mind these popular nail shapes and get the one which suits your personality and accentuates the beauty of your fingers!