In summer’s wake, don’t make the mistake to bake. Instead, counter the heat with a treat that’s not oven-tweaked. Okay, we totally get that it’s not the right time to rhyme! But we don’t lie when we cry that we do try but God knows why this habit refuses to die. So sorry for the trouble, and before it becomes double we’ll just begin with the dishes everyone wishes to savour in summers. For in summers, sweat and heat take away all the fun in the kitchen and since lengthy dishes drive you mad, everyone considers baking bad!
Chocolate Chips Cookies
This cookie is something every rookie can make. Here’s what it will take:
Butter ¼ cup
Milk ¼ cup
Sugar 1 cup
Chocolate chips ½ cup
Peanut butter Optional
Oatmeal 1½ cup
Vanilla 1 tbsp
Once all this gathers, let’s arrange them in the way it matters.
- Put oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Combine butter, milk and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Let boil for 1 minute.
- Pour hot mix into the oatmeal mix and stir well. Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper and let harden before eating. Freeze to harden faster.
Butter Pecan Toffee
Biscuit is the secret behind this toffee. Read to find out what you will need.
Butter 1 stick
Sugar ¾ cup
Corn syrup 1 tbsp
Tea biscuits 20
Toasted pecans (Chopped) For garnish
Here’s how to make something worthwhile out of this pile:
- Combine butter, sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Arrange tea biscuits side by side on a large buttered, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Pour the sugar mixture on top and sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans.
- Chill until firm; break apart. Your dish is ready to be eaten.
Peanut Butter Pie
This sweet is a treat you will repeat week after week. Gather the ingredients:
Powdered sugar 1 cup
Peanut butter 1 cup
Cream cheese(softened) 225g
Condensed milk 400g
Whipped topping (thawed) 340g
Graham cracker crusts 340g
Chocolate sundae syrup 20 tbsp
To be muted with the sweetness of this reputed dish, follow the instructions:
- Combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add milk; beat until combined. Fold in whipped topping.
- Divide the mixture evenly between crusts; chill 8 hours or until set (a soft texture).
- Cut into wedges; drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Golden Oreo Truffles
Availability of just these 3 things will bring anybody on the brink of ecstasy. Here they are:
Cream cheese (softened) 225g
Golden Oreos or Regular Oreos 430g
White chocolate 340g
Now time to put some effort to make this yummy dessert.
- Process the Oreos in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
- Beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on two large plates, a parchment paper lined baking sheet, or a silicone mat-lined bake sheet. Freeze the truffles for about 30 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt according to package directions. Working with 1 truffle at a time, coat in chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
So, give baking a miss, and take a brisk frisk, thanks to these crisp ideas. Enjoy your summers not in the kitchen but under air conditioners and coolers; try these simple dishes while we try to make our rhyming stop! Wait! Our rhyming… Make – our – rhyming – stop… We don’t rhyme anymore, guys! We don’t! Those rhymes won’t be repeating in the next meeting. Wait! Oh great!