Summers are around the corner and nothing beats the heat like a truly chilled out thirst-quencher. And while you may already have several that fit the bill, we’d like to introduce you to a drink that would be your One-Sip-Trip to the heavens.
It’s tart. It’s Sweet. It excites and it soothes. It’s the amazing Mixed Herb Sorbet – the culinary conception of Chef Pankaj at Dramz Whiskey Bar and Lounge. Conveniently located in one of the most beautiful locations of Mehrauli near the Qutub Minar, Dramz is one of its kind Single Malt Whiskey bar & lounges in New Delhi.
Times Food and Times Nightlife Awards made Dramz a part of its must visit destinations for drinks due to its fresh ambience, beautifully done up interiors its amazing selection of scrumptious international cuisine.
The Mix Herb Sorbet is served with a fresh, zesty salad (also a part of the recipe) and is fairly easy to prepare. Try it out at home and share with us how successful it was.
To prepare this gem of a dish, you’d need a variety of ingredients. However, if you live in and around Delhi, you can order all of them with a single tap on PepperTap.
Recipe for Mix Herb Sorbet
- Fresh Cucumber (diced) 300grams
- Lime juice 75ml
- Fresh mint leaves 20grams
- Extra virgin olive oil 50ml
- Xanthan 5grams
- Sugar syrup 50ml
- Liquid glucose 30grams
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
Everything ready? Let’s start with the process now. Be careful!
- Heat the sugar syrup and mix liquid glucose in it. Let the liquid glucose dissolve and the bring the syrup to the room temperature. Done?
- Blend together freshly diced cucumber, mint, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Simple!
- Pass the blend through a sieve and reserve the strained liquid. Even simpler!
- Add the sugar syrup and xanthan to the strained liquid and blend again. This will give a slightly viscous liquid.
- Add salt and crushed black pepper and check the seasoning. Wasn’t as tough as it sounded, was it?
- And for the finishing touches, churn this mixture in an ice cream machine or freeze it till it becomes rock solid. Don’t serve!
Say what? Yes, don’t serve it yet! Because in the culinary world, the salad is as important to this sorbet as Robin is to Batman. Here’s your guide to preparing the perfect sidekick.
- Tender pea shoots – 50grams
- Rocket leaves – 50grams
- Baby coriander leaves – 10grams
- Radish micro greens – 10grams
- Orange segment – 20 numbers
- Toasted walnuts – 20 numbers
- Pansy flowers – 10 numbers
- Allysum flowers – 10 numbers
- Mustard flowers – 10 numbers
- Rocket flowers – 16 numbers
- Grated feta – 40grams
- Extra virgin olive oil – 20ml
And breathe! Don’t be prejudiced by the long list of ingredients, making this salad is quite easy. See for yourself:
- Divide all the ingredients equally and carefully in 4 plates.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle the grated feta on top.
- Serve with scoops of cucumber and lime sorbet.
This recipe proves that it’s not too hard to be delicious. Follow the instructions and you will end up with a family favourite for sure. For a great experience and more versatile choices, you could always head over to Dramz Whiskey Bar and Lounge and enjoy the artistic experience firsthand.
Participate in the Meet the Chef Contest
By trying your hand at preparing the Mix Herb Sorbet, you have the opportunity of meeting Chef of the year at the Times Food and Nightlife Awards on March 3, 2016.
Simply order the ingredient’s hamper prepared exclusively for this recipe by Cookfresh and you will automatically be nominated for participation in the contest.
Click here to order the ingredient’s hamper from Pepper Tap.