We all have some craving or the other like one can have an obsession for fried or spicy foods. The most common of all cravings is having a sweet tooth. We love to treat our taste buds with something sweet after meals or frankly just about any point of the day. In India, there is a tradition of eating “kuch meetha” post meals.
There are people who dream of puddings, cakes, sweets, pies and chocolates but are not able to eat the same because either they are diabetic or they try to control their diet by eliminating all high-sugar foods. For those who want to indulge in something sweet and delectable at the same time, here’s how you can tread the sugary paths of delicacies sans sugar!
- Sugar free Pumpkin Pie: A pie can’t be made faster and easier than this! All you need is sugar free canned pumpkin pie , ginger, nutmeg, milk and some instant sugar free vanilla pudding. Then mix all these ingredients together, blend and set to chill!
- Sugar Free Cheese Cake: You can’t ask for anything more in this recipe! There’s heavenly cheese, zesty lemon and exquisite cinnamon flavors that would roll on your tongue. In a bowl , mix cracker crumbs, butter and cinnamon. Press this into a pan and place it into a preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Prepare a mixture of dissolved lemon gelatin, cream cheese and vanilla. Pour this mixture onto the crust. Your sugar free cheesecake is all set to be enjoyed!
- Jamun Ice Cream: Jamun contains an enzyme called “Jambuline” which is considered to be a boon for diabetics. This thick and creamy ice cream contains a mix of cornflour, low fat milk, jamun and sugar substitute to give a divine taste! Another positive aspect of this recipe is that it is gelatin-free!
- Oats Apple Phirni: This recipe takes majority of its sweetness quotient from the fruit itself hence the value of sweetener required is very less. Moreover, it also contains healthy oats and nutrients of milk! This one’s a must-try!all you have to do is boil milk and add oats to it. Next, add the sugar substitute and slices of apple. Set to chill and you are all set to relish the sumptuous flavors!
- Orange Cake: Orange and rum combined with eggs and walnuts add up to a delectable treat for the taste buds! Rum can also be added alternatively to give this cake an altogether different taste!
- Sugar Free Spice Cookies: This one is chewy and full of aroma such that you wouldn’t even notice that its sugar free. Packed with the goodness of raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg these cookies are sure to add on to its fan list!
- Sugar Free Carrot Cake: Carrots can’t taste better than this! This cake has flavors of pineapple, coconut, walnuts and cinnamon. It’s crunchy, yummy and healthy!
What are you waiting for? Go try these awesome desserts which are not just sugar free but extremely appetizing too! Forbidden pleasures are forbidden no more!