Monsoons are finally here and so are our moods to eat something hot and crispy with a hot cup of tea. Rains bring with them a rejuvenating aura and a feeling of ecstasy. The result; a damp feeling with lots of humidity within the atmosphere when one feels like eating pakodas with tea. But aren’t you tired of eating the same old traditional pakodas with tea on rainy days which no more offer a surprise element? Did we hear a yes? Brilliant! Keeping the same in mind, here we are with a scrumptious recipe that you can prepare in this rainy season for yourself and for other members in your family that would not only satiate your desire to try out something new but also savor everybody’s taste buds with its toothsome flavor. Yes, we are talking about the one and only ‘Hasselback Potatoes’! This dish was first served in Hasselbacken, the Stockholm restaurant in Sweden. Since then, it has emerged as an international delicacy for its nutritious value and delicious taste. So, let’s find out the procedure to prepare this delicacy and beat the heat at its own game!
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 55 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter/olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs
- Powdered spices
- Grated cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to around 220°Celsius by inserting a rack in the lower-middle section of the oven.
- Then take the potatoes and wash them under free water. Pat them dry and then go ahead to peel of their skins one by one.
- After the skins have been peeled off, you need to cut slits into the potatoes in such a way that they still remain attached at the bottom. Space the slits in such a distance, that they are ¼ inch apart from each other.
- Next, arrange the potatoes that have cuts on a baking dish. Then, apply the melted butter on these potatoes.
- After that, sprinkle the potatoes with herbs, spices, salt and pepper before putting them into the oven.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for around 30 minutes. When you would take them out, you would discover that their slits may have smudged due to heat. Delicately open the slits with a sharp knife and pour in 2-3 drops of butter within the slits so that the slits don’t come together again.
- Place the potatoes embellished with butter again into the oven to bake for around 30-35 minutes. On taking them out they should be crispy on the edges and soft within the slits. Test the slits with the help of a knife. Depending on the size of your potatoes, time taken by them to turn golden would vary. Smaller potatoes will take lesser time than larger ones so take them out when you believe they are well baked.
- Serve them hot with refreshing squashes to relish their crispiness.
We hope you liked our unique delicacy selected specially for you right out of our recipe trousseau. If you have any suggestions or opinions to make this recipe even more finger-licking, leave a comment below. Stay healthy, energized and active with this power packed snack and say goodbye to heat with a smile on your face!