Most of us are so fond of eating delicious food that the very thought of a specific dish makes us go crazy with excitement. But let’s ask the question that how many of us are fond of cooking? Ummm … Not many of us right? There should be a magic wand that prepares all time consuming dishes instantly and lets us do the munching bit ourselves don’t you think? Well keeping fantasy apart, there are circumstances and situations in everybody’s lives when one doesn’t feel like entering the kitchen and cooking dishes that take a lot of time to get prepared. So if you belong to that special category of people who have had a tiring day at the workplace or simply experiencing the lethargy and don’t wish to cook anything time consuming on an unusually hot day, here we are with a couple of recipes that would not only be easy to cook during these situations but would also provide you the nutritional value to keep you energized. So, take a look at these easy-to-make delicacies which will not only savor your taste buds but also match with your lazy attitude towards cooking.
- Greek Yoghurt Porridge With Honey, Banana and Almond: Now that’s something which can be made within no time at all! The ingredients that you require to make this tantalizing recipe are 50 grams of oats, one cup of skimmed milk, a tablespoon of low fat yogurt, a tablespoon of honey, and a couple of roasted almonds. First, you need to pour the oats into the milk and then transfer the ingredients into a saucepan. Next, place the saucepan over the gas stove for around 3-5 minutes until the ingredients start to boil and thicken. Remove the saucepan from the heat source once the porridge becomes thick in appearance. Then just add a tablespoon of yogurt and honey to the ingredients to give it a unique flavor. Finally add chopped pieces of banana and almonds to the rest of the ingredients to achieve that super nutrient rich breakfast which didn’t even require 10 minutes.
- Chicken and Vegetable Saute: Well if you believe that any recipe that includes non-vegetarian items got to be time consuming then it’s time that you amend your opinion because this one’s pretty quick to prepare! Ingredients you require to make this recipe are chicken, mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, green peas, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms) oregano, red chili flakes, soy sauce, oil and salt. All you need to do is cut the chicken and mixed vegetables into small pieces or chunks. Next, take a wok and heat it on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add oil and chicken pieces to the wok. Next, quickly fry the chicken until water emerges from the chicken and let it continue to cook until the water completely evaporates from the wok. Just add all the mixed vegetables and let them cook with the chicken for around 5 minutes. Finally add salt and oregano to taste and serve hot as lunch or dinner. That wasn’t time consuming was it?
- Aloo Paneer Chaat: This healthy snack is an excellent choice for evenings when you return from work and don’t possess the energy to cook something time consuming. The ingredients you require to make this scrumptious snack are paneer, baby potatoes, oil, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, peas, chaat masala, lemon juice, salt and oil. All you need to do is heat oil in a kadhai, deep fry both the chopped paneer and potatoes until they turn golden brown and take them out of it. Next, add green chillies to the kadhai along with ginger-garlic paste and quickly fry the two for a few seconds. Finally toss in the peas, paneer, potatoes, lemon juice, chaat masala, and salt and let them cook for approximately 2 minutes. And Voila! Your energizing snack is ready in a jiffy.
- Basil and Tomato Pasta: Well amici! It’s time to try a quick recipe from the Italian cuisine. It’s not only easy to cook but also will fill up your tummy fast and provide you the essential nutrients to keep your body healthy. The items required to make this delicacy are pasta, tomato pulp, chopped onions, chopped garlic, chili powder, tomato puree, sugar, fresh cream, chopped basil, olive oil and processed cheese to garnish. Just take a pan and heat olive oil within it. Add the onions and garlic to the heated oil and sauté till they turn translucent in color. Then pour in the tomato pulp along with some water and let it simmer over the heat for around 5-7 minutes. After that you need to add chili powder, tomato puree, sugar and salt to the ingredients. Take a separate pan and boil the pasta. Add the pasta to the pan containing the other ingredients. Finally add the cream, basil leaves and grated processed cheese to the pasta. That tastes better than pizza, doesn’t it?
- Watermelon and Orange Juice: This won’t even require 5 minutes to get prepared and would also refresh your body with its sensational ingredients. You just need some chopped watermelon pieces, orange juice (can prepare yourself or even readymade will work), some sugar, ice and a little bit of lemon juice to make this drink. Just add all the ingredients in a blender and blend them well until the mixture turns smooth and frothy. Then just pour it into a glass and top it up with ice cubes to get mesmerized by its exotic flavor.
Well we are definite that the “Lazy-You” gist prevailing in your nature will be tantalized by these mouth watering dishes. By the way, do let us know which tasted the best out of them. If you have any suggestions related to the dishes mentioned above or other dishes in mind that you believe are creative and easy to make, feel free to post a comment here.