Oh what’s that? And then I moved closer to the mirror to have a better look at it. Eeeekkkkk! It’s a pimple on my face! Was this your reaction the last time you saw your face marred with a pimple? Is your skin really oily due to which you feel ashamed of yourself in front of people? Well then get ready to revamp your skin. Climb onto our magic school bus that will reveal the best foods for skin care that would not only brighten your skin but also provide the essential nourishment for keeping the skin healthy. So let’s begin on the journey to achieve better skin and discover the benefits of these foods:
- Chocolate: Mmm! Yummy! Well who could have thought that cocoa in chocolates can be a great remedy for hydrating skin and making it more firm and supple? How? Here’s your answer! Dark chocolate contains high levels of flavonols, which is a great antioxidant. Eating a couple of squares of dark chocolate is enough to improve luminosity of the skin. If the chocolate is applied locally on the face, then the caffeine in chocolate is capable of reducing skin puffiness for a short duration. Wow, what a strike! That’s like savouring your taste buds with health benefits—killing two birds with one stone.
- Pomegranates: Blood boosters here for the rescue! Though pomegranates are best known to improve hemoglobin count in blood yet they also possess polyphenol antioxidants which help to fight free radicals and regulate the skin’s blood flow, giving it more of a rosy look and feel. A pomegranate or two glasses of juice daily are recommended to improve your skin’s texture. Its antioxidants are known to smooth skin and moisturize it when pomegranate is applied locally on the skin as pulp.
- Walnuts: Time to achieve beauty with brains! Yeah this brainy dry fruit contains omega-3 essential fatty acids in it which are capable of improving the skin’s elasticity. Walnuts also have various minerals in them like copper, a mineral that is known to boost collagen production. Eating a handful of walnuts every day will not only improve your complexion’s texture, but will also cure calluses and toughened skin. The nut is also known to function as an ex-foliant which means that it is capable of removing dead cells from the surface of the skin. Churn a couple of them within a glass of milk at breakfast and experience their purifying effect on your precious skin.
- Kidney Beans: Is rajma chawal your favorite dish just because you find it damn delicious? Well here’s another reason to keep it your favorite since kidney beans can also keep your skin healthy. They contain very high quantity of zinc and researches have proved that blemishes on skin occur due to low zinc levels. Including 100 grams of kidney beans in your daily diet will help you to prevent blemishes and acne. Red kidney beans are also very high their fiber and folate content and also contain various antioxidants. These possess strong anti-aging properties and promote longevity of cells. They protect the skin from long-term health problems that are caused by environmental factors and unhealthy foods. So make it a point to grab a pack of them next time you visit your grocery store!
- Oats: Your breakfast companions have more to offer than meets the eye! Though oats are known to provide immense energy and carbohydrates to keep you energized throughout the day yet they also contain polysaccharides in them which emerge gelatinous in water and leave a fine protective film on the skin. This prevents your skin from becoming dull and flaky in nature. Oats are also full of healthy, lubricating fats which are essential to keep your skin moist. The proteins present in oats helps to maintain the skin’s natural barrier function, which means that nourishing nutrients don’t exit your skin. They are also filled with natural cleansers (called saponins) that help to remove dirt and oil from the pores of the skin. Consume a bowl of oats everyday during breakfast to keep your skin in top health.
- Olive Oil: Time to change your edible oil for cooking food! Yup you heard that right! Olive oil is pretty different from other vegetable oils since it contains 4 major antioxidants which allow it to function as a cleanser, moisturizer, and as a protector of skin. It also contains Vitamin A and E. Vitamin E is responsible for anti-aging benefits as it helps to restore skin elasticity. Olive oil is also known to moisten skin thoroughly and is a great remedy for skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis that are responsible for creating patches of dry skin. So rejuvenate your skin now by choosing olive oil.
- Coffee: Not been drinking coffee for the sole reason that it’s known to increase risk of heart disease yet want your skin to be like that of a celebrity? Hmm you might like to rethink about that since caffeine content found in coffee is a great way to achieve an even toned and smooth skin. The antioxidants contained in coffee attack free radicals which are known to cause premature skin ageing. Coffee also has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing inflammation and redness of your skin. Coffee also has the ability to repair skin damage caused by exposure to ultraviolet rays. Another benefit of drinking coffee is that if used locally on the face, it can tighten fine lines and smooth puffy skin. So start drinking two cups of coffee a day to achieve healthier looking skin.
- Water: Last but not the least our life sustaining water is here to the rescue! Studies have revealed that drinking at least 8 glasses of water not only gives you a radiant, healthy and younger-looking skin but also rids your skin off harmful toxins. Lack of hydration is likely to leave your skin dry, tight and flaky. Dry skin is also known to lose resilience and thus become more prone to wrinkling. Water is also vital for retaining skin moisture and transporting essential nutrients required by the skin cells. To achieve a softer and smoother skin one must drink adequate amount of water. Water is also a great remedy for skin disorders like psoriasis, wrinkles and eczema. So make sure you keep drinking adequate water during these dry summers in form of lemonades or squashes to keep your skin hydrated and refreshed.
Though these are just a few foods that will really enhance your skin for a better appearance and health, yet there are others on our website that you can buy. Please visit our website for more info: www.peppertap.com