Oh! Its Valentine’s season already and there’s something about chocolate dipped strawberries that lovers can never resist. It is crunchy, melts in mouth and has an element of a cool strawberry beneath. Since they are in vogue and much better to present than the traditional heart shaped chocolates available in the market, here’s a recipe that our team has come up with so that you can gift something special to your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Waiting Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients (for 20 chocolate covered strawberries)
- 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate (chopped/grated)
- 3 ounces of white chocolate, (chopped/grated)
- 1 pound of strawberries with stems (preferably 20), should be washed and dried really well
Buy ingredients at http://pprtp.in/pprtpblog
- Place the semisweet and the white chocolate into 2 different heatproof bowls.
- Fill 2 medium saucepans with some inches of water and let it simmer over medium heat.
- Next, turn the gas off and set the two bowls of chocolate to melt over the heated water. Stir the contents until the chocolates become silky smooth. (You may also melt the two chocolates in a microwave oven at half power, for at least 1 minute and take it out for stirring and then again heat it for another minute until the chocolates fully melt.)
- Once the chocolates are fully melted and smooth, remove them from the heat source.
- Next, line a baking tray with parchment or waxed paper.
- Then holding the strawberry from the stem, dip the strawberry into the dark chocolate, then lift it and twist it a bit, so that any excess chocolate on the strawberry falls back into the bowl.
- After that place the strawberries on the parchment paper and repeat step 6 with rest of the strawberries.
- Take a fork and dip it in the white chocolate and drip the white chocolate slowly and carefully over the dipped strawberries.
- Finally, leave the strawberries for around 30 minutes so that the chocolate on the strawberries sets.
The dipped strawberries can be served both chilled or at room temperature. It’s one of the best romantic recipes that can be prepared with ease and without much hassle.