Valentine’s Day isn’t fun if you aren’t cooking something special for your sweetheart! With romance already in the air, here is a great cupcake recipe that you can cook for your Valentine to express your feelings to your amour.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Ingredients required: (Makes 20 cupcakes)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 fluid ounce red foot coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups multi-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Buy these ingredients at http://pprtp.in/pprtpblog
1. Preheat the oven to around 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C). Oil up two 12 cup muffin pans or use 20 paper baking cups for the baking process.
2. Take a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar with a mixer or blender until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring and vanilla. Add the baking soda and vinegar and stir them into the mixture well. Mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt well. Stir the ingredients into the batter until they are just blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared cups.
3. Bake the batter in the preheated oven until the top of the cupcakes seem fluffy when lightly pressed, they would take approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
4. After taking them out of the oven, cool them in the pan set over a wire rack. When they finally cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter and frost them with the desired frosting and voila! Your valentine’s cupcakes are ready!